The Emperors Guild's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Platform Racing 2 Guide

3 posters

Go down

Platform Racing 2 Guide Empty Platform Racing 2 Guide

Post  LordJask Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 am

Made by NeedHelpAskMe, with help from 1python64, Zshadow, and me!
(Note: Some stuff is from 1python64 Guide).

Platform Racing 2 Guide UOkrF

Platform Racing 2 Guide Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm6J61gDbAgNiDXqCr6xWbQnG3GGxBzBOmbziuxeT5JlSzI-ml
Section 1: Getting started
Part 1: Platform Racing 2
Part 2: Your Account
Part 3: Racing and Levelling
Part 4: Other Features
Part 5: Admin & Moderator List

Section 2: Getting Professional
Part 1: Items
Part 2: Kongregate Badges
Part 3: How to Become a PR2 moderator

Section 3: How do I use?
Part 1: Level Editor
Part 2: Folding at Home (F@H)
Part 3: Check the Value of a WU
Part 4: Steps to get +3 ranks, cowboy, or crown.

Section 4: How do I get?
Part 1: Hats
Part 2: Heads and Body Parts

Section 5: Ranks? Rules?
Part 1: Rules
Part 2: Ranks
Part 3: Glitches

“Platform Racing 2”
Section 1: Part 1: Getting Started

If you’re reading this, you must be a new to Platform Racing 2! Welcome to Platform Racing 2 and we are happy to have you play Platform Racing 2. Platform Racing 2 may seem like just a game to a new player, but as you grow more older of a player you will see it in a different way. This is a game of sheer fun, and this guide is to help you get started, because some members may suffer, and think this game is pointless and not fun. I hope this answers your questions! If not all of your questions are answered than be happy to leave me a message! Happy Reading, and I hope you can learn from this guide!

Welcome to Platform Racing 2 Guide Wqoqrm

Part 2: Your Account and You

Who, what, how, where? Well those questions will be answered! It’s ok all members with this form of “intense anxiety”. Lets start by going to the account panel, which is one of the four panels to the top left:
Account Panel
Platform Racing 2 Guide 5uqmg2
This is what you will see on the top of your account panel.
Your rank is your level of racing, which I will explain in greater detail later.
Your hats all have fun and unique “powers” that I will also explain.

Character Customization
Platform Racing 2 Guide 21l64vk
Next you should see a picture of your Platform Racing character! See the little arrows? Click them and you can customize your character! You can also specify your color, and make yourself unique. Don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of body parts now, you will earn some more later in the game!

Stats
Platform Racing 2 Guide 5eagsk
Now the third section has your racing stats!
You start with 150 “spendable” points! It’s best to spread them evenly for now, but later in the game it helps to change ‘em around!

Part 3: Racing and Leveling
Platform Racing 2 Guide 169hoag
Having fun? You’ve seen nothing, now time for action!
See the map: ‘Newbieland 2’?
Well once you catch a glimpse, click on one of the four squares that doesn’t already have a name in it. The four squares represent the four players that are racing in the same match, you can also play alone by pressing “Play” before anyone else gets the chance. Click NewbieLand 2 and wait a while for 3 others to race with you!
Platform Racing 2 Guide 1411vs6
This is a full race. The max amount of experience, and a unicorn head (not to be confused with a hat), is also given to the winner. When the race is over you should see your experience tank to fill up. Playing (… and winning) Different levels with 4 people gives you different prizes. Full list: Levels Only on Carina server.
• Newbieland 2 ~ Unicorn Head
• Mario Bros. Remix ~ Sun Head
• Soul Temple ~ Football Helmet
• Razor Blade ~ Bird Head
• It’s New York ~ Bird Feet
• Blacklight ~ Bird Body
• Candyland ~ Candy Head
• Zerostar ~ Bee Body
Platform Racing 2 Guide LU8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=
If it fills up to the end, congratz you’ve leveled up! When you level up spend you new exp point on speed, acceleration, or jumping, whatever you think helps you win a race. Now leveling up gets harder and harder as you level up, and requires more and more exp. Good Luck reaching the higher levels!

Part 4: Other Features

On Platform Racing 2 you also have (besides racing, and editing your account) a chat, a PM inbox (PM = Private Messaging), Level editors mode, a players chart (to see who’s online, where your buddies are, controlling your ignore list), playing other people maps, and some more! If you read all this you are a Newbie no longer!

Part 5: Admin & Moderator List

Admins
Jiggmin
Leader
Asilva93
1Python64
PrinceCharming

Active Admins

Asilva93
1Python64
PrinceCharming
VforVendetta! Newest admin! (Congrats)

Active Moderators

Live2Die
1amayzingman
iSafari
Bobheadtomato
Travissimo
yak404
usb hub
gamorade

NOTE: Vforvendetta the admin is Live2Die's Alternative account.

Last edited by LordJask on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

https://emperorsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Platform Racing 2 Guide Empty Re: Platform Racing 2 Guide

“Getting Professional”
Section 2: Part 1:

Items
Platform Racing 2 Guide 2mp0e8n
This is pretty self-explanatory, but as you can see there are both red, and blue item blocks. The Red Item block contains unlimited items, and the blue contains one item. The items (that are randomised) are:

Weapons:

Laser Gun: This is a weapon. Press spacebar and fire one of your 3 lasers. Shooting a racer with a laser causes them to fall to the ground, and loose a hat (if they’re wearing one of course!) Hope you have great aim!

Sword: It’s similar to the laser, in which you have to hit a racer, with shorter range. Get close to your opponent, and press spacebar, but after 3 hits it magically goes away. This requires aim too!

Land Mine: Place it in a sneaky spot, and cross your fingers! This is used more for when you’re in the lead than not, it your opponent crashes into it, they fly backwards, and not only that, but their hat flys in the air, up for grabs! Careful placing this one though!

Lightning: This is a massive weapon. Press spacebar, and whipe out all opponents (even if they wear a crown) temporarily. It requires no accuracy, and may be used once, getting this helps a lot in races! After getting hit it takes some time to recover though.

Stat Changers:

Speed Burst: The name says it all. Using this temporarily increasing your speed. This is enough speed to claim your rightful position – 1st place! Best used when the map is pretty straight forward, can you control the speed?

Super Jump: Use it once to reach higher areas, or jump in front of everyone (if well aimed.) It lets you jump way higher than your normal jump!

Transportation Items:

Jet Pack: Ever heard of these? Well you get a lovely Jet Pack that goes on your back, hold spacebar in when you wish to use some fuel… but run out, and you fall from the sky. This is useful in many racing situations!

Teleport: Wow this item is pure coolness! Teleport 4 spaces up/forward! You can go through walls too. This is personally my favorite item, use it well!

Those are the items! Pick your favorite, and find places to use them, like in campaign. Explore items on your own. They’re very useful in campaign!

Kongregate Badges:

Newbieland Conquerer Badge:Platform Racing 2 Guide 2pz9qh1
Beating NewbieLand 2 below 1:30 is not at all hard. To make the easy challenge easier, make your speed <85, your jump <43, an the rest on acceleration. Ideal stats for earning these 5 points. You can get lucky and get a teleport (use on tower) or speed boosting powers to change your time outcome dramatically.

New York Minute Badge: Platform Racing 2 Guide 21jy7hs
If you have propeller hat, this would be a piece of cake.. as you can basically fly through ’It’s New York’. If not, speed and acceleration are vital to your time.. jumps on this level are mostly requiring super jumps which stats will not affect in any way. At the end of the level (when there are many ‘?’ blocks) keep hitting blocks until you find a jet pack, which will be a nice help. This will give you 15 points, good luck.

Mad Hatter Badge:Platform Racing 2 Guide Hatfactory
Beating the Hat Factory in under 7 minutes isn’t the simplest of tasks. For one, this level will demonstrate obstacles prior campaign maps do not contain. A common issue with this lever is blocks moving up, with down blocks after those, on these blocks catch speed going up, quickly shift away as you approach the top and move towards the edge midair. When there are random appearing blocks, being paranoid is okay, but don’t let it effect your time! Hitting a bomb will send you flying downwards, with nothing to stop you, so carefully move your way through. It’s worth the 30 points!

Bird Brain Badge:Platform Racing 2 Guide 2chqccm
Reading the challenge, it sounds like a simple task. “Enter a race wearing a bull bird suit outfit”. Putting the outfit on is obviously easy, but you have to earn it in 3 parts (legs, body, head). To earn each part you most beat the following 3 campaign levels, come in first place, and 4 people must be playing! The maps are “Razor Blade”, “It’s New York”, and “Blacklight”. After winning make your birdy pretty (pink and purple.. :3) and race away. This too is worth 30 points!

Part 3: How to become a Platform Racing 2 Moderator
Becoming a PR2 Moderator:

A moderator:[img]https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/5l51yu.jpg[img]
Above is the name color of a moderator (1python64) 1python64 is now a admin.
Astray a few theories I’ve heard on kongregate, earning a position as a moderator here is a lot different in comparison to on Kongregate. Our admin team is composed of 4 users (ASilva93,Prince Charming, 1python64 and of course Jiggmin). All 4 people confirm a moderator before that person is granted adminship . They base their decision on how you do as a temporary moderator (a temporary moderator is a moderator with limited rights:
Can ban up to 1 minute
*cannot delete levels, (only admins can delete levels)
loses status after logging out
If a person keeps on going contact a admin or moderator to ban the person.
Generally mature users with a good grasp of the rules are promoted to a moderator, then administrator. If you prove well you are promoted to full moderator (new moderators are really (very) rare nowadays, however).

Last edited by LordJask on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

“How do I use”
Section 3: Part 1:

Level Editor: Platform Racing 2 Guide 1zpnpmo

My level on All Time Best:

‘All Time Best’ is composed of levels with the highest ratings. If more users like your level, it will get higher ratings and earn its spot on the competitive list. I check ATB daily to clean, and it always displays high quality levels. To get your level on ‘All Time Best’ remember these tips:

“Moderate Difficulty” – Don’t make it too easy, but make sure it’s beatable. A balance is what defines all levels.

“Don’t take advantage of glitches” – Glitches in levels are very unprofessional, and many users will not be able to perform them, stripping from their experience.

“Include some artwork” – Even if you’re not in advanced art, you can think of things.. or simply add effects!

“Base a level on a topic” – Make your audience feel like they’re not even playing PR2, but another game. Topics like ‘Alien Adventure’, or ‘The Titantic’ are creative, and by far more fun to play!

“Strong finish” – Make the last remark spectacular!

“Remind your players to rate!” – Add a reminder at the end of you level (eg: ‘please rate this level!’), often they will forget.
Platform Racing 2 Guide 2rr9hu9

Part 2: Folding at Home (F@H)
Platform Racing 2 Guide 20kyuli

Starting F@H

F@H (folding at home) is technology developed by the geniuses at Stanford University.
Main:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Main
Downloaded here:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download
Here are some commonly asked questions:

Q. What does F@H mean?

A. Folding at Home

Q. What does WU mean?

A. Work Unit.

Q. What’s Jiggmin’s Team Number?

A. 143016 (Type under configuration > Team Number)

A complete guide on how to use F@H for your operating system can be found here

Q. How does folding benefit me?

A. It only benefits good.

Except as I said before folding will slow your computer a tiny bit.

That’s nothing compared to the good it does though:

First of all Folding WU’s (Work Units), as I said before, adds to your score! When your score hits the following scores, you will win this in Jiggmin’s very own – Platform Racing 2!

1,000 pts: 3 Ranks Up to Your Character
5,000 pts: Your Very Own Crown Hat
100,000: A Super Flying Cowboy Hat!

Platform Racing 2 gifts are just a bi-product.

This is a simpler version for easy understanding:

Our bodies are always folding!
In some rare cases they make a miss-fold causing a variety of illnesess such as Alzheimer, some types of cancer, and many more.

At a time right before Folding at Home came to be, Stanford University (the creators of F@H) realized that there are MILLIONS of experiments going on on computer simulations. They created F@H knowing it would spread (because of people like Jiggmin) and F@H pretty much sends your computer assignments (Work Units) that our computer completes. When the Work Unit is complete (it reaches 1,500/1,500 for example) it sends the information to Stanford, therefore it combines a lot of computers into one “Super Computer” to aid in these helpful causes!

Part 3: check the value of a Wu
Have you ever wondered how much WU points you got done? Well, you can find out! Here’s how:

1. Right-click the F@H icon on your taskbar.

2. Go to status > Queue info

3. A window will Pop-Up, Look for the “Project” and note the number directly to the right of it.

4. Go to http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html

5. Hit Ctrl + F and find the number you found on step 3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6. Follow the line that says “Credit” and see how much it’s worth!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by LordJask on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LordJask Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 am

Part 4: Steps to get +3 ranks, cowboy, or crown.
STEP 1: Go to google and search F@H.
STEP 2: Once you Have found the website go to download.
STEP 3: Pick the type of computer you have download it. It may take time.
STEP 4: Once it is Done downloading it should send you a message saying your a part of Jiggmins team on your platform racing 2 account. Jiggmins team number is 143016
STEP 5: A window should pop up some time and ask whats your Platform Racing 2 name and Jiggmins number. Once you type in your stuff you don’t need to type anything else on the other stuff.
STEP 6: You should start folding. (WARNING) Folding takes time maybe days or weeks or maybe months. Sometimes it May Take up To 72 Hours to get Your Crown, Cowboy Or +3 Levels.
If isn’t working come ask me whats you’re problem.

“How do I get?”

Section 4 Part 1:Hats
Kongregate Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide 1235ykl
This hat increases your exp by 25%. Simply play from kongregate to earn it!

Exp. Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide Wbb0ar
This hat doubles experience points! Won randomly (2-3 players).

Propeller Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide 29vx7nn
Make it to rank 15 and beat Jiggmin’s “Hat Factory” (final campaign level). Good luck, it’s a hard one.

Santa Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide 35jccg2
Play on Christmas Day, or win it randomly as you would Exp. Hat (said to be less likely.)

Party Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide 2aka5vd
Sign in on New Year’s Day, or win it randomly in a race against three others, and get this hat (moderators have this hat.)

Top Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgyOYJcOY8FxjURlcAksotJgKQ4BPA9KV0surtQCoxU9uMWJYpcA
Get it by beating the golden compass

Jumpstart Hat:
You get when you sign in on Platform Racing 2. No new members will get it unless they request it from Jiggmin.
Crown Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide Fna36b
Get 5,000 F@H Points for Team Jiggmin (under your username)!

Super Flying Cowboy Hat:Platform Racing 2 Guide 259vmzb
Get 100,000 F@H Points for Team Jiggmin (under you username)!

Last edited by LordJask on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rserved.
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rserved.
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rserved.
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LordAlch Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Good job Jask!
LordAlch
LordAlch

Back to top Go down

Post  Lgnd Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:48 am

Are you going to do a Glitchin' guide?

Lgnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Lgnd Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:21 am

Btw Jaska, delete the swear word filter.

Lgnd

Back to top Go down

Post  LordJask Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Lgnd wrote:Are you going to do a Glitchin' guide?

Yes I am.
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LordAlch Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Nice, looking forward to it.
LordAlch
LordAlch

Back to top Go down

Post  LordJask Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

LordAlch wrote:Nice, looking forward to it.

You sure are. =3
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LordAlch Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:57 pm

I bet I am.
LordAlch
LordAlch

Back to top Go down

Post  LordJask Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:07 pm

LordAlch wrote:I bet I am.

Exactly. You really will be.
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lgnd Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:56 am

LordJask wrote:

Yes I am.

Lol.

Lgnd

Back to top Go down

Post  LordJask Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:14 am

Lgnd wrote:
LordJask wrote:

Yes I am.

Lol.

Whaddya mean Lol? You asked for it didn't you?
LordJask
LordJask
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down